Thursday, February 19, 2009

RECIPE: Heather's Black Bean Soup

A couple of years ago, I was hankering for some black bean soup. I hadn't found a good recipe to try, so I decided to create my own.

It's been awhile since I made this soup, and I'd forgotten how good it is! Served with some corn muffins with a little sugar tossed in to sweeten them-- ooooh, mama!

Heather's Black Bean Soup
Serves 4-6

Olive oil
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cans of black beans, 1 undrained
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2-1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

  1. Heat olive oil in a soup pot.
  2. Saute green pepper, onion and garlic
  3. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, then simmer 15-20 minutes.
    Bean Soup
  4. Puree 1/3 of the soup in a blender. Stir puree back into soup.

NOTE: Serve with dollops of sour cream and sliced green onions, if desired.

Bean Soup

Ooh, was it good!

1 comments:

Libby's Library said...

This looks delish!
I love my word veification:
fadckin