Oven Baked French Toast
3 tbs melted butter
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tbs honey
8 slices of french bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- First drizzle the melted butter across the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Slice french baguette into 1 inch slices.
- In a medium-large bowl, add 1/3 cup of OJ, 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 eggs, a dash of cinnamon and a bit of vanilla (maybe 1/2 tsp)...
- Beat mixture well with a hand beater until the mixture becomes a bit frothy.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and thoroughly cover it with the mixture. Place each slice in the pan with the melted butter.
- Allow the bread slices to set for up to 12 hours in the frig. I would let them set for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in 450 degree oven until golden brown. I think it takes about 6-8 minutes on one side, then flip and cook the other side.
And there you go! Yummy french toast that is crispy on the outside and soft in the center, with a hint of citrus flavor.
And look at those perfectly cooked scrambled eggs! I get impatient with mine and cook them too high, resulting in browning.
Nice breakfast! Next time we'll try making regular french toast using the same egg mixture and see how that turns out.