Saturday, January 10, 2009

Because I Share Too Much About Myself

This has been going around a lot of the blogs. I picked it up at Buhl-a-land. Since bold print doesn't show up well on my blog, things I've done are in italics.

1. Started your own blog (duh!)

2. Slept under the stars (If you consider a tent "under the stars". Even if you don't, I think I slept on a cot outside with no tent as a kid.)

3. Played in a band (...but was asked to sing in a band, and turned them down.)

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower (and I was nude at the time. So, did I "take a meteor shower"?)

6. Given more than you can afford to charity (Poorly worded. I think they are referring to giving at a time when it really hurts to give-- sacrificing and giving when money is tight.)

7. Been to Disneyland/World

8. Climbed a mountain (Well, sorta. I think we drove partway up and then started climbing. But we did reach the top. It was in the Olympic Mountain range in Washington.)

9. Held a praying mantis(Don't know whether I held one. I remember watching one on the side of the pool when I was about six.)

10. Sang a solo

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child (No, but hope to)

16. Had food poisoning (Yep, a few times. Plus I was hospitalized with e-coli as a child.)

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked (I was a foolish teenager, and I had a friend that was always getting me into trouble!)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping (Well, maybe not. Partially nude, but don't remember whether I've ever gone totally nude.)

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse (Both sun and moon, I believe. I successfully didn't melt my corneas during the solar eclipse.)

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (Both)

31. Hit a home run (You know, I'm not positive about this, but I think that I have done this. At least a little kid's version of a home run. I was actually pretty good at sports as a little kid.)

32. Been on a cruise

33 Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Jeez, which ancestors? Most of us these days are a melting pot of ethnicities. My ancestors for generations have been here in the US. Some came from Canada. I've been to Canada. But I'm not going to count that. They were immigrants, too.)

35. Seen an Amish community (From the outside.)

36. Taught yourself a new language (Not fluently, but I learned a little sign language on my own. Learned Spanish in school and not on my own.)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (It doesn't take much to satisfy me.)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (I've even swum by moonlight in the ocean.)

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted (Not painted, but drawn.)

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain (If I did, it wasn't memorable enough for me to remember)

53. Played in the mud (Who hasn't wrestled in mud for extra cash?) (Okay, I'm just kidding. But I've played in the mud. What kid hasn't?)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater (We loved the drive-in! Then it shut down a couple of years ago. We went to the last showing there before they shut down. The theater has now been replaced by a storage facility.)

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen (As a teen, the business I worked for held a soup kitchen day)

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (No, but I've eaten lots of them)

62. Gone whale watching (No, but I've always really, really wanted to.)

63. Gotten flowers for no reason (If by "no reason" you mean not for a holiday or to say "I'm sorry". I can't speak to the intentions of the person giving the flowers. They were probably hoping to gain some favor by giving me flowers "for no reason"!)

64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma

65. Gone sky diving (Really, really want to!)

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check (Damn!)

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (Still have my first doll, and have a monkey that belonged to my brother originally and is older than me.)

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades (Toured it? I walked *through* the swamp! See my "Muck About" topic for this story.)

75. Been fired from a job (Uhhhh, no. But we had a mutual agreement. I had a boss that I didn't get along with, and it was quit or be fired. I quit.)

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (Would 110 mph be speeding?)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (Well, sorta. I saw it from an airplane.)

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper (Not sure. Maybe. I've been in news stories, but don't know if a picture was ever included.)

85. Read the entire Bible (Not yet. Whenever I try, I hit the "begetting" part in Genesis and never make it past it-- I get burnt out. He beget him, who lived this many hundreds of years, who beget him, who lived this long, who beget him... It goes on and on. I've never successfully made it past there. Guess I need to pick up after that, and see how I can do.)

86. Visited the White House (No, but I have a letter from the White House-- from Jimmy Carter.)

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (Are you nuts? I avoid even killing bugs that I'm terrified of! We have a "no kill" policy in this house, where we avoid killing unless we feel we have to.)

88. Had chickenpox (I think so)

89. Saved someone’s life (I don't believe that I've had the honor yet.)

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous (Walter Koenig who played Chekov on Star Trek. Sorta met him. I was there when my husband met him and got his autograph. I smiled, but didn't approach him or shake his hand or anything. I mean, c'mon. I was at a Star Trek convention! Do you think I wanted people to notice me there?)

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one (But so far I haven't lost anyone really close to me.)

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a lawsuit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

0 comments: