Monday, February 23, 2009

RECIPE: Steak Salad

Tonight I thought about grilling some rib-eyes, but decided that I needed to watch my money a little better. So I decided to get a cheaper cut of meat, and make a steak salad instead.

First I heated up the trusty George Foreman Grill. Then I heavily seasoned the steak. Once cooked through, I sliced it for the salads.
Grilled Steak

Meanwhile I snapped some green beans and tossed them in a pan with olive oil, sliced shallot and house seasoning. Then I roasted them in the oven.
Beans and Shallots

I saved the green bean and shallot scraps for my veggie scrap bag in the freezer. I plan on using these scraps for vegetable stock.
Bean scraps

Once the beans were done, I made a salad from spinach and romaine, topped with the sliced steak and roasted green beans and shallots, and homemade mustard vinaigrette drizzled on top.
Steak Salad

It's a nice meal.

2 comments:

Neabear said...

Looks good.

Libby's Library said...

Please, oh please, send me a plateful!!!!!