Thursday, June 11, 2009

Me? A Homemaker?

Believe it or not, as of today I am officially a contributing author to a homemaker's blog. Now those who really know me will know how insane this seems. I do not have an impeccably clean home, manage a chaotic household of children and/or spouse, have a well-manicured garden, nor am I a wonderfully well-prepared hostess that invites all of her friends and family over and cooks for them and wows them with her charm.

I'm single and manage a household of furry, feathered and shelled creatures. I'm scattered, distracted, disorganized and limping through day-by-day. (I've also been known to be a little irritable and moody from time-to-time, and quite an introvert, but let's overlook that, okay?)

But I can cook! (Okay, so I almost burnt down the kitchen the other day when cooking for my father for the first time. That's only because I tried to combine a broiler and lavish amounts of butter. I'm dangerous with a broiler!) And I continue to learn everyday. I haven't given up on me yet.

So you can check out our new blog Homemakers Who Work. I think we have about 14 authors right now, and are looking for a few more. (Libby? You've got lots of experience in keeping a house, raising kids, and I think you work, don't you? Interested?) Drop on by and read my introduction, and stay to read some more and save us as a favorite. There are some great articles. I haven't even had time yet to read through all of them, but I hope to learn a little while I'm a member of this great group of ladies!

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Congrats to you. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Neabear said...

That should be interesting!

Libby's Library said...

I'm heading over there right now!

I was working as a substitute teacher, but my knee surgery put a halt to that, for the time being...but I would love to contribute, if you all want me.