Thursday, January 28, 2010

RECIPE: Rib-Eye with Blue-Cheese Sauce, Crashed Potatoes and Fried Corn and Cubanelles

I sat at work the other day and thought of some locally grown produce I'd picked up at the market, and tried to figure out what to do with it.

Then I remembered a post I'd seen at Pioneer Woman a week or two ago, and I thought "What the heck?" I mean, sure I've never been able to even stand the smell of blue cheese, but why not try Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce recipe that she had, along with her recipe for Crash Hot Potatoes? What about the corn and cubanelles? Well, you know that most vegetables you can fry up and they taste mighty fine...

And this is what we wound up with...



I want to get a grill pan. My steak was cooked on my George Foreman grill, and meat cooked on it often comes out with a hard crust in some areas and unbrowned in other areas. This sauce was VERY rich! I wasn't sure about the blue cheese flavor at first, but then I found that if I was sure to include onion in the bite I really did like it. The sweetness of caramelized onions was a nice contrast to the richness of the blue cheese sauce. And the sauce was really nice with the potatoes. This was a nice meal!

0 comments: