Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken and Pears

The other day I saw a recipe in the Mayo Diet book for chicken and pears, and I decided to make my own variation of this.

I started with some of my homemade basil and sea salt butter, which I melted in a cast iron pan.
I sauteed up a few skinless and boneless chicken breasts (which I had flattened to even thickness with a meat tenderizer). I think that I also sprinkled on a little dried tarragon. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.

Then I sliced up some onion. I only had part of one white onion, so I threw in a red onion as well.

I tossed the onion in the pan with the chicken, and cook until the onions are translucent.

Then I tossed on some sliced pears and lightly covered the pan with foil.


Put the skillet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Remove it from the oven, and let the dish rest for about 5 minutes (still covered).

Spoon the onions and pears onto the plate, and top with the chicken. You can top with some sliced raw pears as well. Then sprinkle with a little feta cheese.



Quite good. I liked the cooked pears more than the raw pears. And I loved the saltiness of the feta contrasting with the sweetness of the pears. Very nice! This would have been great paired perhaps with a little couscous or brown rice.

It's a keeper!

0 comments: