Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunrise Service 2010

Sunday morning was our annual "Community Easter Sunrise Service" at the City of Palms Park in Fort Myers, FL. There were 16 participating congregations, and it was open to the public. (Hmmmmmm...I just noticed one of the participating congregations was "Divine Circle of Illuminati". What's up with that? Is that "Illuminati" as in "The DaVinci Code Illuminati"? Can't be. I'll have to do a little research to find out more about them.)

So the service took place at the City of Palms park, where the Red Sox do their spring training.

There was a pretty good turnout. I don't know how many thousands were present...


I was surprised to find that the grandson of Billy Graham, Will Graham, was present to speak, and relayed the events that lead up to our memorializing Good Friday.


I look forward to this service every year. It's inspirational and uplifting to listen to not only the speakers, but to enjoy the symphony and choir as the sun rises.





It was a very nice morning. Then I came home exhausted (after getting up at 4:30 AM), and instead of sleeping I tackled this...
We spent about an hour working on my garage. Woodrow worked on the corner where I've allowed him to store some things, and I started clearing a path to the laundry room door. We got the bookcase moved inside, and I started bringing in books from the garage. We were able to get rid of a lot of empty boxes for recycling. A lot of this stuff is just waiting for a garage sale. I can't wait for that day! Half of this garage will disappear after that, because what doesn't sell will be going to Goodwill!

So yesterday was a productive day. First I fed my soul, then worked on the garage before heading to the movies to see Clash of the Titans. It was a good day!

0 comments: