Sunday, April 25, 2010

Momma Duck

About a month ago, we found a nest of duck eggs in the bushes outside our office building.

So we've been waiting for them to hatch. I got word from the boss the other day that we now had ducklings, and as I left for work I saw Momma Duck taking a break from the nest, flapping her wings and reveling in being free from the nest and little peepers for a moment.
I stopped by on my way home, and decided to take a peek in the nest. Momma got a little nervous having me get so close to her babies, and made funny little little sounds of anxiety, but let me take a peek without getting aggressive like some swans and geese and other fowl.


A couple of days later, I took another peek and found Momm and babies gone.

I tracked them down and found them across the street.

I know it's hard to tell, but she actually has about a dozen babies hiding under her in the photo above. I came back later and finally got a shot of a few of the babies.


Cute! I'm guessing maybe when I go to work tomorrow, I might find the babies now in the water with Momma. We'll see!

0 comments: