Saturday, October 13, 2012

Man-Fixer

I had a realization today: I'm a "man-fixer". I get broken and damaged men, I spend years patiently dealing with all of their crap, getting the short end of the stick, being steamrolled and even mistreated at times while letting them know their behavior is unacceptable. I finally reach my breaking point and decide I've given it enough and it is time to walk away, and will hand the man over to the female world for them to now reap the benefits of my years of suffering and endurance. A man who was cold and detached will tell me that I have opened up his heart to love and what a fool he was to have not appreciated me. A man that wanted me to be his Mommy and take care of him will finally stand on his own two feet and attempt to be a man for the first time in his life. It is the next woman that will get the flowers, the nights out, the devotion and appreciation, while the man assures me what a fool he was when he was with me and how much he now wants me- when it's too late to turn back.

And I find myself moving on to the next fixer-upper, only to eventually turn him over to some other woman so that she will have a great guy.

So to all of the single women out there: You're welcome!

And maybe one of these days I'll find a keeper that some other woman has already fixed for me!

0 comments: