I think I saw this recipe on the Today show. I jotted it down and halved it for myself tonight. This half recipe makes about 2 full bowls, or 4 small side-dish servings. Sweet and flavorful, it's almost like having dessert for dinner!
Creamy Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup
Giada de Laurentis (serves 2)
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
2 shallots, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 stem of rosemary
3 cups of vegetable broth
1/4 cup marscapone cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 tbs maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in large soup pot
- Add shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, rosemary stem and broth. (The recipe called for chicken broth, but I'm pescatarian and only use vegetable broth.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Cook 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Once cooked through, remove rosemary from soup. Either use immersion blender to process until smooth, or ladle soup into blender and process in batches until thick and smooth. Return to pot.
- Whisk in marscapone cheese and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.