Saturday, January 24, 2009

Olando Days Three and Four

There isn't really much to say about the last two days of the conference. It was pretty much like the first two days. Everyone felt that the conference went very well, both vendors and attendees alike. It was much more positive than last year, even though only about 1/3 of the people attended in comparison to last year.

One of the vendors who is somewhat affiliated with us , The Schedule Center, was just across the aisle.
Photobucket

He is a very energetic and colorful person, and a bit of a troublemaker. The other day he covered his booth with mini liquor bottles. I asked him where his liquor license was. :) I knew he'd get in trouble for it. Sure enough, the head honchos told him he couldn't do that.

Today he put more of them out, but this time filled with water instead of liquor. The head honchos came by again to complain, but Russ assured them that it was just water. They left him alone.
Photobucket

We were concerned about my drive home, since my boss' vehicle (which I drove to Orlando) was acting up a little (seems to have transmission issues). No need to worry! I made it home safe and sound!

However the car amazingly conked out just as I got home. It appears to have blown a radiator hose.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't even know it happened. Woodrow noticed it while taking out the trash.

So that was the trip. We are hoping that this conference will be a profitable one in these tough economic times.

0 comments: