Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Want My Daddy!

I'm busy right now. My father has come down for a visit with his wife and grandson. This is the first time I've seen my father in about four years, and the first time I've ever met my little nephew.

This is Joseph.


Joseph is my sister's boy, and he turns 1 in about a week.

I hadn't even seen a picture of him since he was a couple of months old, when he had dark hair, so I was really shocked that he had turned blond. How the heck did THAT happen?

He's being such a good boy! I hear he did great on the flight down, and yesterday there was minimal fussing even though he was exhausted because the trip has him messed up, so he didn't sleep well the night before (which means my Dad didn't sleep well the night before either!) He's staying at Uncle Danny and Aunt Nikki's place, and Aunt Nikki is taking good care of him, even getting him to eat his dinner when he thought he didn't want any.

He had fun playing "peekaboo" with Grandpa while he ate!







Danny and Nikki's house is a fun house for a little boy. There's a swingset outside to swing on, and it comes complete with another little boy to play with.





There's a neat old tractor that kids can climb on...







...and Aunt Nikki will play peekaboo from the kitchen, running around from one entrance to the other to sneak up on Joseph and surprise him. He really likes that!





There are llamas that live next door, and they came out to see if I had any carrots for them. Nikki went inside to grab carrots for them, but could never get them to come back over.





The horses, however, weren't dumb! They love carrots!
















We also got to see cows and calves and a donkey, but the batteries died on my camera, so I don't have shots of them yet. I'm waiting for Woodrow to get me copies.

The day was finished with a splashy-bath, which little Joe loves!


























I even got a quick little video of Joseph playing in the tub.


Aunt Heather got to give Joseph his bath. That was the first time I'd bathed a baby in about 20 years! I don't think I did too badly! He came out smelling fresh and clean.

All in all, it was a good day. We still have a few days together, and I plan on having them over to my place Wednesday for dinner. So I may not be around too much over the next week, but if not, I'll be back-- and with more pictures of this:


(I love this shot of him. Too bad I got Dad's hand in the pic.)

3 comments:

Libby's Library said...

There's not too many things cuter that a baby in a bath tub!
Have fun this week.

The Big Burbs said...

What beautiful nephew you have!
How I love that age--- you must be having a fabulous time with him!

Neabear said...

What fun for you! He is so cute in the video.