Shrimp and Pasta in Lemon-Butter Sauce
1 lb of spaghetti (Smart Taste enriched with vitamins and fiber)
4 tbs butter
1 tbs garlic (I used roasted garlic this time)
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
Dried rubbed sage
Crushed red pepper flakes
Grated parmesan cheese
- Set a pot of water to boiling. Add spaghetti and remove from heat just before al dente. (If you work quickly enough, you may be able to simply spoon the pasta directly from the water after a few minutes, but I wound up using tongs to remove it to a colander to drain excess water first.)
- Melt 1 tbs of butter in skillet over medium-high heat and add roasted garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add white wine. Cook until reduced by half. Then add juice from one lemon, and cook until reduced by half.
- Add remaining 3 tbs of butter, 1 tbs at a time, until melted and well-mixed. Add about 1/2-1 tbs of rubbed sage, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and cook about 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook on other side for another couple of minutes.
- Add pasta to frying pan and toss to coat. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top and toss some more.
- Serve on plates with bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Now the big "oops": This was supposed to have my homemade roasted tomatoes in it, but I totally forgot! So they are still sitting in the frig, and I need to find another use for them! Grrrrrr...