Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spider Season 2011

Other places have deer hunting season, tulip season, school season, the holiday season or hummingbird season. What do we have at my house? We have "spider season".

Spider season runs about February through September, with the height of the season seeming to be around July.

So this morning I was about to open the front door when I thought to myself, "I better pound on the door to warn any spiders that I'm coming through, in hopes that they'll run away." I've done this a few times before, and once there was indeed a spider on the other side when I opened the door.

So today I pounded twice at the top of the door and once at the bottom. Then I opened the door, and found this...

Yeah...that's what I need as I'm trying to go out the door for work. Big boy, and instead of going out he started coming further in. So, I wound up having to spray him and then swept him out. Just to give you a little more perspective, here's his body (legs curled up) in comparison to my size 7 foot.

I really hate killing them. I don't want them dead. I just want them away from me and not in my home!

So that is two spiders of that size and one half their size in the last month. Yay. It's spider season-- my favorite time of the year.

0 comments: