Saturday, March 24, 2012

RECIPE: Mexican Pasta Salad


I saw this on the Facebook page of What are my kids eating? Unfortunately she didn't really post a recipe, but just the ingredients. So I had to wing it. I'm not sure of the amounts I really used, as I just kept adding more to taste, but I'm estimating it went something like this:

Mexican Pasta Salad

Whole wheat pasta (I used regular elbow macaroni, 1 lb box)
Corn (11 oz can crispy corn)
Scallions (3 scallions, sliced)
Black beans (can, rinsed and drained)
Kidney beans (can, rinsed and drained)

For the dressing, in a bottle mix together:

Juice of 3 limes (about a 1/4-1/3 cup)
Taco sauce (1 jar Taco Bell mild)
Chili powder (1/8 tsp)
Chipotle chili powder (1/4 tsp)
Cumin (1/2 tsp)
Onion powder (1/8 tsp)
Garlic powder (1/4 tsp)
Salt (1/2 tsp)
Pepper (1/8 tsp)
Olive oil (2-3 tbs)

Mix together salad ingredients in a large bowl. Then pour dressing over entire salad, and stir to coat. Serve in bowls sprinkled with Mexican cheese. Eat hot or cold.


Not bad at all!

0 comments: